At "The Red Couch", Israel and Scoble announce that they are making good progress on their business blogging book. However, I can't help wondering if it won't be horribly out-of-date when published in early 2006.
The PubSub website acts as an interface between users and our software back-end. The website does not perform the actual matching service, but does provide a means of interacting with it as far as creating and manging subscriptions. Much of this work is XML based, so you’ll need to do more than just interact with a database (although there’s plenty of that as well). Since PubSub is a service, there are also many opportunities to build applications that comminucate with the website.
In other words, client-side programming skills are just as important as server-side programming skills. Please only send us a resume if you know and understand both and can provide samples of past work.
We’re looking for the following skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of HTML, including the ability to hand-code pages
- Strong knowledge of design and layout, both using advanced and traditional techniques
- Extensive PHP knowledge. You should be at a level where you can install and update PHP from sources
- String general coding skills, including any non-php languages
- The ability to separate content from functionality and business logic
- Some database management ability - at least familiarity with creating and modifying tables
The following would also be helpful:
- Familiarity with or knowledge of Linux Knowledge of other scripting languages like perl, bash or python
- Knowledge of Flash
PubSub is located in lower Manhattan. This is a full time position. We cannot sponsor visas or relocation.
Please send your resume as text to email@example.com.